Thursday, July 1, 2010

In the Beginning...

First, the earth cooled...

I'm starting this blog with several ideas. First, I'd like my own spot in the series of tubes to put my two cents in on the NFL and my favorite squad, the New York Jets. For those of you that don't know, I have been a Jets fan since 1977. My parents began purchasing season tickets in 1964 and started to bring me to the games when I was five. It took several years for me to become fully hooked, since the Jets haven't typically been associated with success. In fact, most of my 33 seasons with the team have ended with one disappointment after another. As the 2010 season approaches, it appears that we've built a pretty solid team with legitimate championship aspirations. If we can stay healthy, we should be able to compete with anyone in the league.

Also, I like to create different projects incorporating whatifsports.com, and I will use the blog to post game results of the various projects I decide to begin. Sometime towards the end of the summer, I am going to recreate the NFL postseason from 1941 to the present day with different rules than were used in the past, using an expanded playoff format. I haven't fully decided what other options I'm going to use yet, but I have found several sites with historical weather data (NERD ALERT), so I'm sure I will find a way to use that information when I replay the games from each year.

I'll also take the opportunity to weigh in other sports I enjoy, namely the UFC, college football, the NBA, world football, and anything else that comes to mind, in the world of sports and beyond.

No comments: